
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Saving 3 Lives!
Today Landen and I were able to donate blood at our Stake Blood Drive. I kinda love donating blood! Yes, I know, that may sound weird, but I do love it. The only part I don't love is the finger prick...and when they miss when they're sticking the needle in and have to wiggle it around...which happened this time...ugh! But it's all for a good cause! I'm so grateful for my health and it's just one way I can share that and help others. I love knowing that I'm helping to save 3 lives every time I donate. Our bodies are truly amazing gifts and I'm so glad we were able to share that gift today!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too share a love in donating blood! LOL I've been doing it since I was 17. I used to go exactly every 56 days. Now I'm lucky to go twice a year. Our blood bank gives two ten dollar gift cards to Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden and Red Lobster) if you donate on Mondays. I just enjoyed lunch at Olive Garden today with my gift cards from last time...except my iron was too low, so I didn't actually donate, but I tried, so they still gave me the cards. And I agree...the prick in the finger is the worse.
ReplyDelete