Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mom's Elbow

On Januray 24th I received this phone call from Mom.  She sounded fine and it was just a normal conversation until she says, "Oh, by the way, I fell today at work and hurt my elbow..."  WHAT?!  Yeah, and it was BAD.  Really bad.  Basically she shattered her right elbow and had to have surgery and it was worse than the doctor had thought it was, but he felt good about the outcome.  Dad told me that the blessing had said something to that effect.  She has been in a lot of pain but it's getting better, some moments are good, others not so good, but she's making it.  They say recovery time is 6-12 months, never having full extension or range of motion again.  As we kept saying, at least it happened at work!  I hate it that I can't be home to take care of her.  Good thing Dad retired last year and can be home all day to take care of her.  Hopefully I'll be able to go home and help out at some point.  I was talking to her the other day and we were laughing about how she can't even wash her left hand!  She had pretty much ZERO use of her right hand so that has been a big change.  This is going to be an interesting year, but I know she'll get through this, she is one strong woman!  Love you, Mom!  And a big thanks to Dad for taking care of her, love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment