Welp, we made it. One whole year. Who would have thunk it? Hahaha! Seriously though, what a great year! Landen and I have been married one entire year...and many many many more to come :) I'm so excited for what the future holds. We have had an incredible year together, learning and growing! As I was thinking back on the past year it's been so fun! Here are some things that I have been thinking about:
* I'm so grateful for a husband who puts up with all my quirks...from being a little OCD and liking things "MY" way, he sure puts up with a lot! Don't be fooled, he has some quirks of his own, but they're not quite as obvious most of the time and much easier to live with! There are two specific things that stick out to me: 1. When we buy the good/more expensive cheese that is pre-sliced and in two stacks he has to use the stacks evenly so the package stays flat! 2. If he opens a new drink bottle he doesn't like it if someone takes the first drink...even his wife...eek! I guess I don't blame him.
* Okay, I knew these before we got married, but they are still great to share! 1. Luckily we both know how to put the toilet paper roll on CORRECTLY. Yes, there is a CORRECT way :) You have to put the roll on so that the paper rolls over the top and is always ready to pull. 2. One day we were talking to Adri and we got laughing about funny quirks and she said something to the extent of, "I hope you're okay with not sleeping with a top sheet because Landen doesn't sleep with the top sheet." My response, "Perfect! I hate the top sheet!!!" Adri, "You two were made for each other!" I guess it's true...those things can make or break a relationship...hehehe.
* Thankfully Landen puts up with my "2nd Winds." I blame my mom, it's genetic. Once it gets past a certain point at night I'm up for another couple of hours. He lets me stay up. It's so nice of him!
* Oh yeah...did I mention NO MORE DATING!!! Dating in the sense of trying to snag a spouse. It's sooooooooooo great! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that scene anymore. "Married dating" is WAY more fun!
* One of the biggest things I've learned about Landen is that we have very different shopping habits! For months we would go to the store or he would be online and always make comments about wanting so many things and I would have to tell him no, no, no...well, I finally realized something: Landen can look and want and NOT buy. It's a great quality. Now me on the other hand...when I get something in my head that I want I end up buying it! My ability to resist is horrible. It's no good. Therefore, I just don't go looking very often. It's so funny how different we are in that aspect. But it's good, he keeps me in check! I need that.
And here are some of our fun memories from the past year:
* A trip to Florida!
* Watching lots of football
* Our fantastic movie theater popcorn bucket! YUM! $2.50 to fill it each time. Deal.
* REAL Salt Lake soccer games
* B and D Burgers
* Seven Peaks Water Park
* I've officially hooked Landen on Spam and Mac and Cheese
* Getting our first loan and buying a truck
* My first skiing experience...I survived, barely!
* Our first Christmas together
Well, that list could go on and on, but I'll stop there so I can finally get this posted! It's only December now....I'm quite behind. Anyway.
For our 1st Anniversary we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Iggy's, for a day of football! The BYU and Utah football games were on at the same time so this solved our problem b/c we were able to watch both at the same time! Unfortunately both teams lost, but oh well...it was early in the season. We ate our hearts out and enjoyed one of our favorite things!
Happy 1st Anniversay, Landen! Thanks for a great year! I love you, babe!
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment