Life is just not fair sometimes. I woke up on Monday so horribly sick! Yes, I got the stomach flu AGAIN! I guess once this season just wasn't enough. I can count on one hand the times I've had the stomach flu before this year...and to get it twice while pregnant was the worst thing ever. I was so sick that poor Ellie had to pretty much fend for herself all morning. Luckily she was really good and did that. But eventually she needed to eat more and get her diaper changed and I just couldn't do any of it I was so sick. I had to tell Landen to come home from work and take care of her. Thankfully he did. And he took care of me too. He went to Maverik and got me nugget ice so I could chew ice and try to get some fluids back in my system since I couldn't keep water down. (Now whenever I stop at that Maverik Ellie says, "I come with Daddy to get ice when you sick!" Her memory amazes me.) He also got me Gatorade once I could start keeping things down. I'm so grateful he was there to help out.
But eventually he had to go to bed because he had to work, so I broke down and asked Nita to come take Ellie and help get her in bed. I was so grateful she did that for me. I just couldn't take care of Ellie. She took her to McDonald's to play and get some dinner, then brought her home and got her all ready for bed. Lifesaver. Then right as she is getting ready to walk out of Ellie's room Ellie stands up and starts calling for me and totally gets sick in her bed...NOOOOOO!!!!! I just had the thought, "Please tell me this isn't happening!" But unfortunately it was happening. I think Heavenly Father bore me up at that moment because I was able to get in there and take care of Ellie. I sent Nita home. She did not need to be around us anymore or clean up that mess. Thankfully a lot of the mess was contained in Ellie's blanket, but I did have to clean some of the crib and carpet. I got her stripped down and in the bathtub and then I started cleaning. The smell was soooooo bad, I had to find a way to stop it. Then I remembered these pieces of cut up leggings I got in my last order that were bundling things together and Ellie thought they were fun to play with, so I went to her toys and grabbed one and tied it around my nose...worked like a charm!!! Between covering my nose and wearing my rubber gloves I was able to clean up the mess and not get sick again.
After I got Ellie bathed and in clean jammies she said she was feeling fine and she wanted to eat. So I let her watch a show and have some graham crackers and water...we kept it very mild ;) Then I got her back to bed. I was really hoping her track record of typically only getting sick once would hold up and that she would be done with this, but I lined her bed with towels just to be safe. Then I fell asleep too. We were good for a few hours, but just as Landen was getting ready to leave for work he heard Ellie getting sick again. NO! Sure enough, she was sick again, but it was contained well and the clean up wasn't too bad. After another shower we made a nice bed for her in the living room right by me. She again wanted to eat, so she got some more graham crackers and water...my thought was that it's better to have something to throw up than nothing, so if she wants to eat more power to her!
At this point though I was so beyond exhausted and she wouldn't go to sleep! She watched an entire movie and by the time it was over it was around 2:00 am. Finally I got her to lay down and we turned off most of the lights and tried to sleep. After a little bit she crashed hard and slept through the rest of the night. I did too! Phew. The worst was over. I'm so glad she got the flu so mildly.
Tuesday we just spent recovering. I was exhausted and my body ached, but I wasn't getting sick, so I'll take it. We had a calm day at home and Ellie got spoiled with shows and the iPad. We thought Landen survived without getting it and I was really glad, until he got up to get ready for work Tuesday night. He was just laying on the floor in the bathroom because if he was standing up he felt super sick...but he hadn't gotten sick yet. He called in to work and headed back to bed. Well, he must have slept it off because the next morning he got up and was feeling much better and never got sick! He even went to work during the day. Phew. That was such a relief! I'm so glad we survived round two. I sure hope we are done for the season. I don't think I could take around round of this yuckiness... These pictures crack me up by the way. Ellie thought it was so fun to have a sleepover in the living room! And I had to document the leggings nose cover. It was seriously the perfect, and softest, thing ever! After it got washed it went into the bathroom drawer for future use ;)
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment