Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Week from Hell...

This past week and 2 days have been the worst of Ellie's life so far.  And mine for that matter!  Last Monday she got a stomach bug and was throwing up. Tuesday she didn't throw up but had a rough day and was so exhausted and lethargic.  Wednesday she seemed to be doing better but it was a false alarm.  Wednesday night I got soooooo sick with the stomach bug, and so did Landen.  We were pretty much dead to the world on Thursday.  Ellie started feeling bad again on Thursday and was just not herself and so lethargic again and had bad diarrhea.  Friday she literally sat on my lap ALL. DAY. LONG.  It was so weird.  She just felt so horrible.  To the point where she just laid on the floor a few times and fell asleep, and then fell asleep on me later in the day and then still went to bed at 5:00.  Yeah.  It was bad.  On Saturday she was running a slight fever so I gave her some Tylenol because I figured she had to be achy if she felt anything like I did.  Well, that was a bad idea.  It almost had the reverse effect!  From that point on she just cried most of the time, she wouldn't eat, and she was inconsolable.  It was miserable.  MISERABLE.

By Monday I was about to lose it.  On Tuesday I went to lunch with Nita and Maddie and she cried about 80% of the time and nothing made her feel better or happy.  Nita said that I needed to get her to the doctor, and my Mom had been telling me that too.  I just felt like maybe I was just worn out and that it was just me being annoyed or something like that, but after Nita saw her that helped me realize it wasn't just me.  She wasn't getting better.  So I got her into the doctor Tuesday evening and she has a yeast infection.  Poor baby girl.  Those aren't fun for adults...I can't even imagine how miserable she is and she couldn't even tell me what was wrong.  I hate that.  Also, they were worried she had a urine infection and the at-home test was positive but luckily the official test was negative.  Phew.  Yesterday she still wasn't feeling great and cried a lot and seemed unhappy most of the day.  I tried to take her outside to play to maybe give her a change of pace of this past week and all she did was stand by the door and scowl at me.  It was a rough week.  But today she's finally showing signs of being herself again!!!  Yessssss!!!  She has eaten more and played by herself a little and even Daniel Tiger is making her happy again (it got to the point where that didn't even work...that's when you know it is bad!).  She's not 100% yet, bet we're getting there.  This was so hard for me.  Sometimes being a mom is the hardest thing in the world. Sick babies are the worst part of motherhood so far for me.  Hopefully we don't have to go through this too often...fingers crossed!  I guess it's during these times (or sometimes after..) that we appreciate the good, healthy days.  Here is a glimpse of my week:

No comments:

Post a Comment