Monday, March 10, 2014

Look at me being all crafty...

I don't even know who I am anymore.  I had two days of craftiness last week.  They were wildly successful.  First off, I made a cover for the bookcase so that Ellie can't pull all the books off the bottom shelves.  I had been using our dining room chairs to block the bookcase, but since we got our new chairs they don't have bars on the bottom and she could just crawl under them.  And let's be honest, I was sick of being tacky and having dining room chairs in front of my bookcase.  So I came up with this brilliant idea...and it worked!  I took a piece of cardboard and cut it to size.  Then I covered it in some super cute fabric by hot gluing it to the back.  Simple. Then I attached the velcro command strips to it and stuck it to the bookcase.  Wah-lah!  With those command strips I can pull it off whenever I need to so it is totally functional.  Go me!  I didn't even get the idea off Pinterest.  I'm quite impressed with myself.  A stroke of genius.
Second, some of my friends and I got together to make some fabric envelopes to use for the cash budgeting system.  Katie, Arien and I had so much fun.  I'm so grateful Katie helped us out and let us use her sewing machine.  They really were quite easy to make...and I don't sew!  I love how they turned out!!!  Now I just have to make myself do my cash budgeting...baby steps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment