After I took Mom to the airport I stayed in Lehi to visit some friends! Megan and I thought it would be so fun to go to the zoo today because it was about 60 degrees outside and Molly didn't have school and she had a zoo pass so we could get in for free...boy were we WRONG!!! As we drove up the hill to the zoo we were in stop and go traffic and the cars were parked along the street for at least a mile. It was nuts! We stuck it out and made it to the parking lot. One of us must have been living right because we literally got front row parking spots!!! That was awesome...and that is where the awesome ended. HA! There were soooo many people there. Come to find out, in the winter (November-March) the last Wednesday of every month the zoo is free. It just happened to be the last Wednesday of the month...and it was 60 degrees...as I said, the awesome ended there. Everybody and their brother were at the zoo. It was so crowded you could hardly move and the kids couldn't have much fun because we had to keep them super close. Needless to say we didn't stay too long. We headed to Liberty Park instead. It was such a beautiful day and I was just grateful to be outside! The kids loved playing at the park and it was just fun to hang out with Megs all day. Despite the crazy zoo it was a really fun day!
Oh, before we headed to the zoo I stopped at IKEA. Of course Ellie fell asleep 5 minutes before we got there...and I just switched her into a convertible car seat...it doesn't just snap out of the car like her infant seat. Well, my time was limited and I don't get to go there whenever I want...so I took matters into my own hands! I'm really grateful I bought a lightweight car seat:
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment