Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013!

First off I am so grateful for Jesus Christ, the whole reason we celebrate Christmas.  I'm grateful to have a Savior who makes it possible for me to be forgiven of my sins, to live with my family eternally, to have the Spirit with me, to have a living Prophet on the earth today and essentially to be happy!  I am so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  May we all remember Him each and every day throughout the year!

Ellie's First Christmas is in the books!  We had such a fun day.  Luckily Landen was feeling a little bit better today since he was up most of the night with a yucky stomach bug...I felt so bad for him.  I was up and ready to go for the day before Ellie woke up so we could just enjoy the day.  She got up and ate and then I let her over by the Christmas tree.  She didn't attack anything like I thought she would but she enjoyed herself!  As I had predicted, her favorite things were the wrapping paper and bows!  Oh, and her unopened bag of yogurt melts.  Babies will be babies.  She was so stinkin' cute tho!  She did get into unwrapping for a brief minute.  It was definitely more for us than for her!  After we opened gifts at home we headed out to Landen's parent's for the rest of the day.  It was nice to be able to spend the day with family.  Landen was so kind and was willing to stay out there even though he didn't feel very good so that I didn't just have to sit at home alone.  I love him.  And I'm really glad we got to be there all day because it was the last day to see Adri and Jared before they flew back to England.  I'm sure going to miss them.  Glad we got to spend Christmas with them this year!

Okay, so here's my funny Christmas story.  My Mom got me real good this year.  But first, she unintentionally got Landen too!  He opened his gift and we thought it was a clock radio for and iPod/iPhone.  We thought that was interesting especially since he didn't have an iPhone.  So he started to open it and all of a sudden he got really excited!  They got him an 1830 Edition of the Book of Mormon from Nauvoo!!!  He was so happy!!!  He really wanted one when we were there.  Good job Momma!  Okay, so yes, my Mom played me.  I unwrapped my gift from them and it was kitchen spoons.  Yes, kitchen spoons.  I was so confused.  I was thinking that if she just wanted to get me something small she could have done better than that!  Really???!!!  I don't even like to cook!  I was getting mad at myself for being so frustrated...how ungrateful am I?!  So I tried to not think too much about it and just told myself that The Little Mermaid blue-ray that was in Ellie's stocking was my gift.  I may have cried just a little, but we're not going to talk about it.  So we headed out to Newton.  I was still trying to stop being ungrateful but I mentioned to Adri that my Mom got me kitchen spoons.  We laughed about it and that helped.  We starting doing gifts there and Wayne and Nita pull out this large box for me.  I couldn't figure out what they would have gotten me that was that big!  Then Nita tells me it was from my Mom!!!  They had totally schemed and gotten my pampered chef stoneware shipped to Newton!  Those Moms...you gotta watch them!  Mom gets the gold star for Christmas this year!  She even made me cry!  Big surprise, I know.  I'm so grateful for both of our parents and their kindness to us this year.

Oh yeah!  One more funny story.  We didn't have a lot of money for Christmas because our heater went out at the beginning of December and took all our extra cash.  But I did find some pajama pants to send to my parents.  Apparently the pair I got for my Dad were women's!!! Hahahaha!  Oops!  I had no idea!  They didn't look like women's pants...luckily they fit!  I get the Christmas fail award.  It made for some good laughs tho.

Now we can experience Christmas through pictures, it's much better that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment