Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ellie ~ 8 Months Old

She is doing it again...growing way too fast!!! Ellie is getting so big it is ridiculous.  I think within the last week she had a growth spurt.  She just seems bigger.  She needs to slow it down!  I love this little girl so much.

* Ellie can give kisses!!!  It is adorable!  It is the first thing I taught her.  Of course they are open mouthed and slobbery...but I'll take what I can get!
* She can give five too!
* She has started to pull herself to a standing position.  She can pull up on the ottoman, couch, living room chairs, my legs...I'm so not ready for this.  And she LOVES to be standing.  She prefers it most of the time.  It's funny when she drops a toy and still wants it, she's not quite sure how to get back down to the ground.  I love watching her because you can tell she is processing it and trying to figure things out.
* Ellie has started to feed herself little puffs and bread.  I realized that I needed to give her the opportunity to do so and she did it on the first try!  She does pretty well with it most of the time.  Sometimes the food gets stuck in her palm and she doesn't know what happened to it, it's pretty funny.  But she has gotten much better at it over this past month.
* Her 3rd tooth has come in...finally!  I'm glad the slobber and snot were worth it this time.
* One of her favorite toys is a plastic lid to a McDonald's cup!  She can chew it up and it doesn't shred like paper does and I can throw it away when it's demolished.  Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier!
* Ellie has started to have a little separation anxiety.  She notices when I leave the room and usually doesn't like it!  Makes it hard to get things done...lucky she's cute :)
* She has finally crawled a little bit.  She CAN do it, she is just lazy and army crawls instead because it seems to be faster.  Silly girl.
*  Just this past week she is starting to be more and more responsive to us.  For example, she'll do something that makes us laugh and she realizes that she caused the response and will do it again.  It is so adorable.
* We've had to lower her crib since she can stand up now.  Being short makes this harder for me...it's hard to reach down that far into the crib since the top of it is slightly about my waist!
* Ellie likes to sleep in the corner of her crib.  It is really cute.  You know she is really tired when she stays in the corner all night.
* She let me cut her fingernails while she was awake for the first time!  I know this may seem insignificant, but it's not.  I would have to hold her while she was napping so I could cut her nails.  Nap time is precious Mommy time so now this gives me hope I won't have to do that anymore :)
These last pictures are getting harder and harder to get.  She won't sit still AND smile!  She preferred standing so we went that route.  I finally got a good smile while she was sitting and she was about ready to jump off the chair.  So we'll take what we can get :)  She's cute either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment