Sunday, June 16, 2013

Landen's First Father's Day!

Landen is a Daddy.  That is crazy!  And I'm not the only one that thinks that :)  Everyone says things like, "I can see Aubrie being a mom, but not Landen being a dad!"  HA!  It's been pretty funny.  But he is a dad...and a great one at that.  He loves Ellie so much!  I love watching him with her, it makes me so happy.  I'm so glad he has someone else to pick on now!  And it will be even better when she starts reacting more and more...he's looking forward to that.  We had a pretty low key Father's Day.  I made him breakfast on Saturday morning to celebrate.  Anita had us out for dinner on Saturday for Father's Day.  It was fun to spend time with family. 

I'm so grateful for Landen.  He's such a great husband and father.  He's so laid back which I love...and NEED.  He loves me when I go crazy and when I cry.  He is just a good guy.  I'm really lucky to have him!  Ellie is lucky to have him for her Daddy.  He's still so happy that our first baby was a girl. I think she already has him wrapped around her teeny tiny little finger ;)  I love you, babe!

I'm also so grateful for my Dad.  He is incredible.  He is one of the most giving people I know.  I'm so thankful for his example to me and all he does for me.  I love his cooking, his fixer-up skills, his spiritual nature and watching him with Ellie.  I sure wish he wasn't so far away!  I love you, Dad!

I'm grateful for my father-in-law, Wayne.  The more I get to know him the more I appreciate him.  He is such a great man.  Landen is a lot like his father and if he turns out as good as Wayne I'll be one lucky girl!  I love you, Wayne!  (One of my favorite stories about Wayne:  After they had Derek Anita handed him to Wayne.  He looked at him and said, "You'll be a lot of fun in about 6 months," and handed him right back! HA!  He still hasn't held Ellie, but it will happen soon...he just likes them so much more when they interact...she's gonna love him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment