Friday, June 21, 2013

Ellie's 2 Month Check-Up

We took Ellie to see Dr. Horkley for her 2 Month Check-Up today.  It went really well.  By the way, we really like Dr. Horkley, it has been a really good fit for us. On one of our first visits he said that he can usually tell pretty quick what parents are like and he said we'll be just fine and to trust our instincts.  He then told us that he has some parents that he wants to say, "No, please don't use your common sense...just call...during office hours...when you can talk to my M.A.!"  Ha.  It was hilarious...and I totally agree with him!  I'm grateful we found a good pediatrician!  He says she is doing really well and growing perfectly. 
 
Here are her stats: 
11 pounds 5 ounces ~ 52nd percentile
23 1/4 inches ~ 73rd percentile
 
She really is long!  She is almost too long for her 3 month pajamas already!!!  Luckily it is summer so I can usually keep her in a long-sleeved onesie at night.  She isn't too chubby yet, but she's getting some little baby rolls!  They're so cute!  She had to get her first round of immunizations today.  It made me really sad.  I tried to hold it together, but it made me cry a little to see her so sad.  I'm glad the nurses are good at what they do and get it done as quickly as possible.  I'm so glad Landen was there with us.  He's my rock.  I'm sad I couldn't help her feel better by treating her to ice cream or something...when she's older I'm totally doing that!  She did pretty well the next few days, she slept a lot.  We helped her out the first 24 hours with some baby Tylenol...so grateful for that stuff!  Overall, she did great!  I just got to hold her a lot and enjoy the cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment