My Grandma has sold her house. My Mom grew up in that house. I spent a good portion of my early life in that house since we lived around the corner from my Grandparents and then we visited often after we moved. It holds so many memories! I'm glad I was able to see it one last time while I was home in January...even though it was already empty. Mom sent me these pictures from her last visit to the house before the sale is final. I got choked up thinking about it...I didn't think it would affect me so much. I always loved going to Grandma and Grandpa's in South Bend! I'm sad to see it go but luckily we can keep our memories forever. Mom reminded me, "Lots of sitting on that front porch, kiddo!" And I remember all the batches of oatmeal without raisins (just for me) in that kitchen, watching Notre Dame football games, birthdays, Easters, Christmases, iced tea sitting out on the back deck, bird feeders, planting flowers, Werther's candy, spice drops and so much more! We had some great times together in that house!
This is Mom's tree. She got it in the 4th grade on Arbor Day. She said it looked like a stick! I would say it's reached its full potential!



No comments:
Post a Comment