That's right folks, we're having a GIRL!!! We are absolutely thrilled! I had my 20 week ultrasound and everything looks good and healthy. It was so neat to see her all balled up in there. It was 8:00 a.m. so she was still asleep I think, she wouldn't move for anything...and all that pushing and jiggling the tech was doing to get the last view made me have to pee! But it was totally worth it. We didn't end up getting the view of the umbilical cord so I have to go back next week, but I'm not too sad about it, I get to see her again :) Luckily she was not being modest on the one view I wanted to see for sure. The tech says, "You are having a little...girl. Yep, there are no boy parts down there!" It is so fun to finally know, now I feel like I can start planning... But seriously, it was one of the best moments of my life. To see our little baby girl healthy and strong, it was beautiful! It brought me to tears. It was funny to try to see what the tech was pointing out at certain times. Like the kidneys...yeah, totally just saw something kinda circular-ish...I'm just glad he knows what he is doing!
While we were waiting to get the CD made of all the pictures I looked at Landen and he had this really cute goofy smile on his face. He said he was just really excited and that he was hoping it was a girl. What?! That was news to me! I had no idea, he never once mentioned that. He told me he didn't say anything because he didn't want to jinx it. Silly boy! I'm just glad he's excited :)
Our families are pretty excited it's a girl. My mom is pretty excited...I think she's just happy I'm having a baby! My dad is still convinced I'm having twins, which I am NOT. He said that when a little boy comes out too he'll let him know that he was the only one that even acknowledged him. HA! He said he'll make a top 10 list of boy names for us because we'll be needing it. He's so crazy!
I have to admit that the best reaction was from Adri and Anita. We went over to Nita's school after our appointment to let them know what we were having. Now, to preface this, they really wanted a girl...REALLY badly. But they said they would be okay if it was a boy. There are a lot of little boys running around here and it was time for a girl. So, I thought it would be fun to tell them it was a boy first to see their real reaction. Landen told them it was a boy and they were both like, "Oh, we figured," with not much excitement. But when I said, "Just kidding...we're having a girl!!!" they both jumped up and started screaming and crying, complete excitement. It was pretty awesome! So you could say it's probably going to be one loved little girl.
I'm just so happy to finally know! It makes it even more real!!! I'm so excited to see Landen as a dad too...that little girl is going to have him wrapped around her tiny little finger...I can already see it. So many fun adventures to come with this little one! We are so blessed :)
Monday, November 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations! Your dad sounds hilarious! Hope he doesn't tease your little girl in future years saying she had a twin brother but she ate him! HAHA Sorry, probably not funny. lol
ReplyDelete