We went to Brent and Stacy's for Thanksgiving dinner this year. We had a really good time catching up and eating. Stacy made her cream cheese mashed potatoes and they were delicious as always...that's why Adri and I go. I just love Thanksgiving dinner. It makes me happy. It made the baby happy too.
After dinner we were looking through all the Black Friday ads and I found some laminate flooring on sale and mentioned it to Landen. Then Brent and Stacy told us they had a lot left over from when they did their floor and that we could have it! WOW! It was so nice of them to give it to us! We are really excited to put it in the entry way of the house. I'm so grateful for their kindness.
Later that night I had my first real Black Friday experience...more like Black Thursday because it was Thursday night...but anyway. I saw this leather glider/recliner chair with an ottoman on sale at ShopKo for $130, originally $350! I couldn't pass it up. I wanted it for the nursery, it was perfect. So we headed to the store at 9 pm when they opened. We waited and let the line get inside before we headed in. It was C.R.A.Z.Y. People are nuts! But it was worth it to go home with this chair! Brent and Stacy went with us just in case we couldn't fit it in the car...and we're glad they did, the box didn't fit. But they got some good deals too, so it worked out. We went back to their house and took everything out of the box and put it in the car piece by piece and it fit that way. We're ridiculous. But I'm so happy! We put it together on Friday and it will be perfect for the nursery...as long as Landen doesn't take it over before then...
The rest of the weekend we hung out and enjoyed our time off work. Friday we ran some errands and got some stuff for the house. Saturday we went over to the house and did some painting and got some stuff done. It was nice to work on it, makes me more excited to move in...we still have a lot to do though. We made sure to be home in time to watch the Notre Dame vs USC game Saturday night because 1: I love Notre Dame and 2: it was their last regular season game and they were undefeated...and they won!!! They are going to the National Championship game!!! I am so excited! I love football. We had a great weekend!


Best baby buy ever! Oh and sleeping until 8 am will feel like sleeping in to you one day! I have a hard time sleeping past 6.
ReplyDelete