This year marked another Presidential Election...and it was the first year that I actually went to vote! In my defense, I was on my mission during the last election and it really wasn't on my mind to plan ahead and get an out of state ballot...and the election before that I was a silly college student and just didn't register... Anyway. It felt good to exercise my right to vote as an American. It makes me grateful that we have the ability to choose our leaders (well, sort of). Though the outcome of this election was not what I wanted to happen, it was a good experience. It was great to see Mitt Romney, an LDS man, running for President of the United States! WOW. But, Barack Obama beat him out to serve his second term as President. No offense meant to anyone, but thank goodness they can only serve 2 terms! As least I know this is the end. It is going to be an interesting next 4 years...as it is with any President. We'll have to see what the years bring, hopefully there are good things to come for the United States of America, we desperately need some help. For now I just have to remember to just enjoy life one day at a time and take things as they come. We'll make it! I'm just glad those darn election ads on TV are done...they are so annoying!
Oh yeah, I voted early so I wouldn't have to stand in those long lines! It was brilliant! I was the very first one at that location. In and out. Go me!
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment