Friday, March 2, 2012

My first true love...

My first true love was Country Apple scent from Bath and Body Works.  Then one day it was taken from me.  I then fell in love with Pearberry, Mango Mandrin and Orange Sapphire...and they have all since been taken from me also.  I found out on my WEDDING DAY that Mango Mandrin  was gone.  I realized that I had forgotten to pack my tube of lotion so I asked my best friends, Des and Amber, to stop by B&BW to pick some up for me before my reception since we would be gone on our honeymoon for a few days.  Des walked up to me at the reception and said she had some bad news, Mango Mandrin had been discontinued.  What?!!!  So they found the closest thing they could for me which began the days of Orange Sapphire.  Anyway...that is just how my life goes.  It drives me crazy that B&BW keeps getting rid of my scents but keeps ones forever that make me want to vomit (aka Sweet Pea...sorry if you like it, but I cannot stand it, hence the vomit comment).  Okay, I really need to stop now. 

The whole reason for this post is because something finally went right for me in the scent department!  I realized I was low on my stash of Orange Sapphire (I stocked up when they were getting rid of all of it for cheap) and I was thinking I would have to find a new scent, which I hate doing.  Landen was already in bed and I was getting my second wind and I had this distinct thought: Check online for old scents.  So I did.  (Oh, the other thing I am very picky about is that is has to be the body CREAM.  That's all I will use. Sometimes at the semi-annual sales they'll have the lotion, but not the cream.  Frustrating.)  And guess what?  They actually had Country Apple Body Cream in stock!!!  It was a miracle!  I've missed it so much!  I had looked online before but never found it.  To make it even better, it was still the price of when it was being sold, $10.50 vs. today they're $12.  And it was buy 3 get 2 free...AND I found a code online for 20% off!  It was a great night.  Landen may never let me stay up that late anymore, but it was totally worth it!!!  I get to be reunited with my first true love!
 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me happy on so many levels. I'm so glad you were reunited with your first love. Now when are we going to be reunited?

    ReplyDelete