February 11th: This weekend was much needed! After a looooonnngggg week at work, I sure needed some R&R. And after the stress of Landen being laid off 2 weeks ago but miraculously starting a new job the next week and all the changes that brought along, we needed some time away. We had been planning this weekend for a little while with Adri and Anita and it couldn't have come at a better time! They came down to our house on Thursday night and stayed with us. We had fun talking and catching up and eating delicious cream cheese chicken :) On Friday we all slept in a little which was so nice. After getting up and moving we headed out to do a little shopping. It was great to just be out having a good time with the people we love! After some shopping we ate lunch at Landen and my new favorite burger joint and it was just as good the second time around! Then we headed down to Orem to go watch Jared, Adr's boyfriend, wrestle for the Air Force Academy. It was awesome that they were wrestling at UVU! We ended up sitting in the UVU fan section, but oh well, we still cheered our little hearts out for Air Force, especially for Jared! It was so fun to see him in action...and he came away with a victory!!! Go J! After the match Jared was allowed to stay and fly out the next morning instead of going with the team right after the match, so we got to go to dinner with him and his family and he came and hung out with us for a little while until we all headed back up to Logan. It was such a fun day! I really needed a fun, relaxing day and I'm so glad we got to spend it with Nita and Adri!
Friday night we drove up to Logan and spent the weekend with his family. It was nice to be up here again. After being here every weekend this past summer I sure miss it. Landen was supposed to go skiing on Saturday but his friend got sick and couldn't go, so he decided to stay home. We all just hung out all day. Adri babysat one of her friend's baby, Quincey, and she was so darn cute! It was fun being around such a happy baby. That night Landen and I went and visited his friends. We ate and talked and played Scattergories...which I LOVE! And I totally kicked butt!!! It was fun to see Brad, Emily, Christa and Nate again. We stayed out waaaayyyyy too late but it was fun to act like we're young again...oh wait, like I'M young again!
No comments:
Post a Comment