Sunday, July 5, 2015

I'm pregnant!!!

It finally happened!!!  I am pregnant with baby #2!  It has been a long year and a half of trying and waiting and negative pregnancy tests, but we finally have a baby cooking in my belly.  To say I'm happy would be an understatement.  I am thrilled!

So, this morning I woke up and realized it was fast Sunday.  I also realized that I hadn't started my period and I really should have by then (I was pretty sure I was going to start at camp...blah.).  Well, still no period and I was thinking that I should probably fast for at least part of the day.  I had totally spaced it with the holiday yesterday.  Then I got to thinking and knew I shouldn't fast if I was pregnant.  To preface this, as I was shopping for things for camp (like bug spray and a poncho!) a few weeks ago I had this distinct thought to pick up a pregnancy test.  (I had stopped keeping them in the house because any time my period was late I would get my hopes up a little and end up taking a test and then have to go through the frustration of it being negative.  So I finally wouldn't let myself even buy them.)  At first I thought it was silly, but the thought came again as I was walking by them so I grabbed two of the $0.88 ones.  No sense wasting money on the expensive ones!  (I've never actually bought the super expensive ones for the record.)    I took them home and tucked them away in the very back of a drawer in the bathroom and just forgot about them.

As I was trying to decide what to do this morning I just decided to pull one out and take it, with the assumption that it would be negative and I was just late with my period and that I could fast some today.  I peed in a cup, started the test, set a timer and just walked away and started getting ready for church.  I was seriously trying to not make a big deal of it and not get my hopes up.  I was doing pretty well too!  A few minutes later I walked into the bathroom and looked at the test and it was POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!  NO WAY!!!!!!!!  I could not believe my eyes.  I was actually surprised to see a positive test!  I'm not even kidding.  It was a miracle.  I just stood there looking at it and watched that little line get darker and darker.  And then I started to cry of course.  I took the test into our bedroom and showed it to Landen and he goes, "I'm not really sure what this means, but I'm assuming it means you're pregnant since you're actually showing it to me..." HA!  Yep, he nailed it.  I never let him know when I take them, so that I didn't have to tell him they were negative.  We are both so excited and happy to finally be pregnant!!!

I know in the scheme of things, trying for 1 1/2 years really isn't that long.  I know so many people who tried for much, much longer than that.  But for me it was really hard, especially since we got pregnant so quickly with Ellie.  It was a huge test of my faith and patience.  But as I look back now I know that the Lord's hand is in this and that His timing is perfect.  He knew when we needed to have this baby.  And He knew that I needed to strengthen my faith and patience.  Also, I know that LuLaRoe came into my life when it did for a reason and that one of the main things it has helped me with was the ability to kind of stop trying to get pregnant.  Starting a new business and throwing all of my extra time and energy into it helped me to stop thinking and worrying about getting pregnant and I know that was a huge factor in this.  Once I was able to channel that extra energy into something else I think it let my body do what it needed to do to be able to get pregnant.  I really feel like a miracle has happened!  There is no doubt about it.  And the timing really is perfect.  I thought I wanted my kids closer together, but as time has been passing I've really started to be glad they will be a little farther apart.  Ellie and baby will be almost 3 years apart and I am totally okay with that now...and am kind of grateful for it.  With Ellie being a little older I think I'll be able to handle two kids a little better because she'll be somewhat more independent and will understand the situation more.  I am so excited to see her as a big sister!  So anyway.  My heart is so full today.  I am on cloud nine and so extremely grateful to my Heavenly Father for answering our prayers and granting us this gift.

I was so excited that I couldn't even wait to tell our families!  We told them both today.  After church we FaceTimed my parents.  I was just talking to Mom like normal and then I told her Ellie had something to show her.  I then had Ellie hold up the pregnancy test so she could see it and she got so excited!  So she ran inside and had us show Dad...and Jared and Megan because they were there visiting.  Mom had to give him a heads up of what it was. HA!  Then he made some joke about Ellie being pregnant...he thinks he is so funny :)  They were all really happy for us...not that I didn't think they would be!

Then we went out the Landen's parents' for lunch.  I told Landen he was in charge of telling them, since it was his side of the family.  We sat there and ate and I kept giving him looks and pokes and telling him to get on with it.  But he was being weird and wouldn't bring it up.  So I took matters into my own hands.  I went inside and grabbed my phone.  I pulled up the picture of the pregnancy test and just nonchalantly handed it to Adri.  All of a sudden she jumps up and runs over to me crying and gives me the biggest hug.  We're hugging and crying and everyone is looking at us funny until Nita grabbed the phone and started freaking out too!  Then the news finally got announced and the secret was out.  Not that I can actually call it a secret... I'm just so glad it's finally happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment