Friday, June 12, 2015

We bought a new vehicle!!!

I am still a little in shock that we actually own a new (to us) vehicle!  It's definitely been a long time coming and much needed purchase, but having started selling LuLaRoe it gave us the push to get something.  First off, if I had a party to do I could barely fit my inventory in my car and nobody else could be in there with me.  Second, I've had to start doing a lot more of my errand running during the day now when Landen is at work since I'm more busy in the evenings than I used to be.  That has made it more difficult in sharing one car.  We started looking awhile ago at the GMC Acadia.  My friend has one and I fell in love with it and knew that's what I wanted!  Landen agreed.  For a long time I never considered an SUV because to me it was silly to drive something that was more expensive and goes through more gas and still seats the same number of people as my car.  I thought I would end up with a mini-van...which I wasn't thrilled about, but hey, they have the space and the seating I would want.  Then I became friends with Michelle and rode with her a lot at YW activities and saw how AWESOME her Acadia was...and it seats 7!  Totally changed my mind about getting an SUV...and I am so glad we took the plunge and did it! We've been shopping around for a month or so test driving different ones and trying to find one in our price range that was in great condition.  Oh, and I also wanted it to be white. (Which I have to laugh about because now all 3 of our vehicles have been white that we've owned since we got married!)  So that made it a little harder.

Well, these vehicles have a really good re-sale value and people seem to love them so they're not selling them too much, so we had to be patient to find the right one for us.  Today we finally found THE ONE!  We had to go down to North Salt Lake, but it was totally worth it.  The guy we worked with was really nice and helpful and they were able to get our monthly payments where we could afford it, which for me was the #1 thing.  I still can't believe we did it!  And all by ourselves.  I feel so grown up.  That was our first time buying a car.  Eeeekkkk.  And I still can't believe we have it!  I feel like I'm not old enough to have a nice car but then I realize, "I'm 31!!!  I'm allowed to have a nice, big vehicle!"  Hahahaha.  This is such a great purchase for our life right now, with my business, and being in YW and having to transport girls a lot, and hopefully one day adding another kid to the mix.  This will definitely be one of our best purchases over the next few years. Welcome to the family, 2011 GMC Acadia!  We love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment