*3/4/15: We went to Gossner's today to pick up some milk and cheese. We don't go there that often, but as I drove up to it Ellie starts yelling, "Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!" How does she know that???!!! Her brain sure is like a little sponge, she picks up soooooo much more than she can communicate. It's awesome and a little scary all at the same time. I gotta stay on my toes!
*Ellie has always loved books and being read to, but lately she has started to sit by the bookshelf and pull books out and sit there and act like she is reading them out loud! Obviously she can't read, but it is so neat to watch her try and to see her imagination at work. My baby is growing up!
*3/9/15: Today Ellie was coloring and I was sitting at the table with her and she wanted me to do it with her. So I started drawing shapes that she could color. I decided to test her. I drew a square, circle, triangle, heart and star and then asked her to color one of them. I proceeded to do it with all of them and she got them all correct!!! She blew me away! So I did it again...she got them all correct a second time! I guess she does pick up things when I tell her what they are over and over. Amazing.
*3/9/15: Ellie did another thing today that shocked me. Yesterday I rotated her toys and one thing that came out was a Frozen matching game. I just have the cards in a baggie and she previously would like to look at them and sometimes would maybe find an easy match. Today she was sitting over by herself and had dumped them out and was really content, so I didn't pay much attention to her. Then Landen told me that she was finding matches. I looked over and sure enough she was doing it all by herself! She had some piles of matches and kept going. Wow. This girl is so incredible.
*3/14/15: We found out today how much Ellie loves to play in the dirt. The weather has been so beautiful lately so we were outside playing and eventually Ellie ended up sitting by herself playing in the dirt. At one point she had pulled up her pant legs and was piling dirt on her leg! Who does that?! She's so funny.
*After I got Ellie's hair cut I went and bought a small blow dryer to keep in the living room (where I do her hair) for quick access because I need to round brush it now. Anyway. She loves playing with the blow dryer!!! After I do her hair she wants me to give it to her and pretty much carries it around the rest of the morning and does her baby's hair, and Minnie Mouse's hair, and mommy's hair, and daddy's hair...
*3/24/15: Over the past week I've started to have Ellie try to say prayers. It is the cutest thing ever! She can say a few words alright, but we have a long way to go. It's the effort that counts :)
*Today (3/27/15) I was reminded of something that Ellie does that is hilarious! The bottom corner of our back door sticks, so when I try to open it I usually give it a little nudge/kick with my foot. Ellie has started to mimic me and kind of kicks the door while she's waiting for me to unlock it! She's so determined to help. It's adorable. Once we get in she runs up to the second door and kicks that one too. It cracks me up to watch her.
*3/29/15 The past month or so at church Ellie has started to want me to hold her during all the prayers. She cuddles up and hugs me during the whole thing. It is totally random. I have no idea why she's started doing it, but I'll take any cuddles I can get from this girl!!!
*3/31/15 Ellie has unfortunately figured out the word "mine." She used to be so sweet and point to things and say if it was mommy's or daddy's, but now she thinks most things are hers...I blame nursery ;) Today she tried to pull my new shoes off my feet and said, "Mine!" Are you kidding me?! That girl...






























No comments:
Post a Comment