Ellie did pretty well on the flights. It was a little more difficult since she is mobile now. But we flew late at night and early in the morning so she slept a little. There was a minimum of crying which I was so grateful for. Oh! I got this cool strap that let me attach her car seat to my carry on suitcase so I didn't have to carry it and it doubled as a stroller!!! Best purchase for traveling with a child ever.
The first week there was soooooo busy since Jared and Megan were there for only a short time. At least it was packed with fun! We went to a Cubs game with a lot of the family, we had to hit up Dari-licious and Arni's, we had lots of family time and then there was helping set up for the wedding and the wedding day. But it was a blast! I'm so happy for Aaron and Shana. This is such a big step for them and they have come a long way in their lives. I'm so glad I got to share in this special day with them. It was so wonderful to have all (almost) our family together.
Mom and I took a trip up to South Bend to visit Grandma Barrell. It's always great to spend time with her! Ellie was so funny with her cat. At first she wanted to nothing to do with My Girl and was kinda scared of her. Then she started to warm up to her and didn't mind if she ran close to her. Then Ellie took a nap. When she woke up she completely forgot that she was okay with the cat and we had to start the process all over! It was pretty funny to watch. (She did the same thing with my friend's dog later that week!) That night Aunt Ellen, Aunt Carol, Chelsey and Claire came to visit too. We went out to dinner together. I always love spending time with my extended family. It was so fun to watch Claire and Ellie play "together." They are both so darn cute. Ellie's favorite thing to play with was the globe that was on a stand because she could spin it! I realized I only have a video, but it was adorable.
Of course I fit in time to play cards with my girlfiends while I was home!!! Mom and Dad were nice to watch Ellie one night so I could go play with Kelly, Theresa and Linda. I felt like a kid again staying out late playing cards. Good times, good times. We also made sure to play during the day once before Nikki went in to get induced to have her BABY!!! Yep, the day before! We're hardcore. I cannot get enough card playing in while I'm home. Ellie loved playing with Reese and Cooper too. They even started cleaning the front door glass. It was so cute! Oh, and remember how I said Nikki had a baby?!!! I'm so glad Eva made her appearance before I left. She is a doll. And so so tiny. I loved being able to just cuddle her. (It was making me pretty baby hungry!) It's amazing how you forget how small they are, they grow up way too fast!
We went to Bailey and Camryn's end of year choir concert before I left too. Those girls are so talented. Bailey had a solo and she was incredible!!! Everyone tells me she can sing but I've never heard her on stage...she blew me away!!! That girl can sing. I'm so glad I got to go, that is one thing I hate about living in Utah, missing all those great moments of my nieces and nephews. Anyway.
We had such a great trip! The time always goes way too fast. There is definitely no place like home. I can't wait until our next trip...whenever that will be!
Mom and I took a trip up to South Bend to visit Grandma Barrell. It's always great to spend time with her! Ellie was so funny with her cat. At first she wanted to nothing to do with My Girl and was kinda scared of her. Then she started to warm up to her and didn't mind if she ran close to her. Then Ellie took a nap. When she woke up she completely forgot that she was okay with the cat and we had to start the process all over! It was pretty funny to watch. (She did the same thing with my friend's dog later that week!) That night Aunt Ellen, Aunt Carol, Chelsey and Claire came to visit too. We went out to dinner together. I always love spending time with my extended family. It was so fun to watch Claire and Ellie play "together." They are both so darn cute. Ellie's favorite thing to play with was the globe that was on a stand because she could spin it! I realized I only have a video, but it was adorable.
Of course I fit in time to play cards with my girlfiends while I was home!!! Mom and Dad were nice to watch Ellie one night so I could go play with Kelly, Theresa and Linda. I felt like a kid again staying out late playing cards. Good times, good times. We also made sure to play during the day once before Nikki went in to get induced to have her BABY!!! Yep, the day before! We're hardcore. I cannot get enough card playing in while I'm home. Ellie loved playing with Reese and Cooper too. They even started cleaning the front door glass. It was so cute! Oh, and remember how I said Nikki had a baby?!!! I'm so glad Eva made her appearance before I left. She is a doll. And so so tiny. I loved being able to just cuddle her. (It was making me pretty baby hungry!) It's amazing how you forget how small they are, they grow up way too fast!
We went to Bailey and Camryn's end of year choir concert before I left too. Those girls are so talented. Bailey had a solo and she was incredible!!! Everyone tells me she can sing but I've never heard her on stage...she blew me away!!! That girl can sing. I'm so glad I got to go, that is one thing I hate about living in Utah, missing all those great moments of my nieces and nephews. Anyway.
We had such a great trip! The time always goes way too fast. There is definitely no place like home. I can't wait until our next trip...whenever that will be!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment