Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter ~ 2014

Celebrating Easter is first, and foremost, about our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have such a strong testimony of Christ and the resurrection.  I know that He was resurrected and that He lives.  I know that each one of us will be resurrected and that is such an incredible thing to look forward to.  I'm also grateful for this season to celebrate and remember Christ.

Of course it is hard to escape the commercial side of Easter, especially now that we have a child.  We didn't give it much priority in our life tho!  That Sunday we spent with family and had an Easter egg hunt.  But Ellie didn't get her Easter basket until May 24th.  Yes, May 24th!  It was ready and sitting on the table on time...we just never got to it!!! How pathetic am I?!  I guess it's good that we didn't make that part of Easter a big deal :)  So, the pictures of her going through her basket are from a month after.  I'll do better next year...
P.S. I loved Ellie's Easter dress from Grandma Nita!

No comments:

Post a Comment