Friday, April 11, 2014

Bailey visited us on Spring Break!!!

This past week was so much fun!  My niece, Bailey (16 years old), came out to visit from Indiana for her Spring Break.  I feel so loved that she wanted to come visit me!!!  We had a blast.  It was the first time Bailey has seen mountains and she was obsessed.  They are pretty incredible, so I see why ;)  We had fun hanging out, driving up Logan canyon, shopping (I took her to this little boutique, Bella Me, and she loved it!), riding bikes, eating yummy food and just laughing.  She is so grown up.  It was fun to just talk and catch up with her.  It was fun watching her with Ellie too.  I'm so glad they were able to spend time together. We took so many pictures :)
On Wednesday we headed down to Salt Lake City.  We took a tour of the Conference Center, walked around Temple Square and then did some shopping at City Creek.  It was a gorgeous day!  It was so nice to see the sights...it's been a long time for me...and the first time for Bailey (and Ellie!).
We spent Wednesday night and Thursday with Jared and Megan and kiddos.  We went to the park to play which is always a good time!  This was the first time Bailey met Jared's kids!!!  Rylie was so funny and "decided she was going to be shy" when we got there, but after a few hours she was BFF with Bailey.  Love those girls.  
On Thursday, before Bailey had to fly home, we went to lunch with Megan and the kids and then took a drive up to Squaw Peak in Provo Canyon.  I can't believe I had never been up there when I lived in Provo.  It was beautiful and had an incredible view.  Bailey loved it.  Right before we were getting ready to leave this guy came up and set up to go hang gliding...right in front of us!!!  We talked to him and it was really interesting to learn about.  The pictures are of his first attempt to catch some air, but it was unsuccessful.  Then some of his cords got tangled so he had to get that fixed.  Unfortunately we had to leave to get Bailey to the airport on time...but it was still cool to see!
It was so great to have Bailey come visit!  I can't believe I'm grown up enough that my niece could come visit me...ha!  I'm so glad the weather was perfect while she was here and we got to go do so many fun things!  What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment