Sunday, September 8, 2013

Let's have us some rice cereal!

This weekend I finally got brave enough to start feeding Ellie rice cereal.  I was back and forth on starting her since we're going to Indiana for a month, but then I figured while we're gone I can feed her when I can and days when we're out and busy I won't worry about it and she'll be fine.  So the adventure began yesterday! 

We got her down to her diaper and in the bumbo with a nice big bib on, I even put a towel down on the floor underneath her...I figured this would be messy.  I'm grateful for my preparation :)  She did pretty good considering it was the first go around.  Ellie was not too sure of it at first!  Not at all.  Her face says it all in the pictures.  Day one was okay, introduction to something new always takes some time.  Tonight when we tried it again she was much more interested!  Yeah!  It was hilarious to watch her try to work her tongue...she'll get the hang of it.  But we had much more success.  Eventually she'll have the attention span to eat the whole bowl.  For now I just pour what she doesn't eat in a bottle with some more formula and let her finish eating that way.  It was so fun to see her enjoy eating today!  My baby girl is growing up too fast...
More of Day One:
More of Day Two:


No comments:

Post a Comment