FINALLY. This has been a long time coming...after procrastinating this project for months, it is finally complete. I finally got the nursery done! It is such a relief to have it painted and ready to go. Everything had to be painted in that room (except the ceiling, though I did have to paint the ceiling in the closet). It was a daunting task, but one day (Feb. 21st) I just said it was going to get done and I got it done by the next afternoon. I painted my little heart out. Baseboards, trim, crown molding, window sills, walls, the inside/back of the door, the closet, and even the closet doors. What a crazy couple of days. I was up until 2:00 am the first night and then woke up at 6:30 am the next morning and couldn't go back to sleep...so I got up and kept painting! But it was sooooo nice to have it done! My body paid dearly for it, but now I can relax. Landen finished it up by putting all the doors back up and putting up blinds. It looks fantastic!
This past week I made a trip down to Salt Lake to visit some friends and get all of our big baby gear! It was so fun to finally get to buy all that stuff! I knew what I wanted so I made pretty quick work of it. There just aren't any normal baby stores up here in Logan so it was good to go down and price compare some stuff and to just look around! I was super excited to get our car seat and caddy for 20% off at Buybuy Baby with some coupons I had stashed away. It made getting the one I wanted (which of course was one of the most expensive but best in safety ratings) much more easy on the wallet :) I got our crib and shelving unit at IKEA and also found some cute stuff to decorate for pretty inexpensive. At Target I found the diapers I wanted for newborns and size 1 on clearance! It was awesome! I would say I had a very successful trip.
I drove home with an EXTREMELY loaded car. How I got all that stuff in there I'm not sure...and I forgot to take a picture of course! But I'm sure I was a sight to see trying to get a crib and mattress, shelving unit, car seat and caddy all in the car by myself while I'm 7 months pregnant! Interesting how not one person offered to help...but oh well. When I got home Landen was excited to get it all unloaded and start putting everything together. I had gone back out to the car to put the seats back up and get things back to normal and when I came in he was already opening boxes! It was kinda adorable. We spent the next few days putting everything together and getting the room ready. I let Landen do most of the work...he quite enjoyed himself. I finally got to unpack all the baby gifts we've received so far too! We just have to figure out where we want to put the pictures now.
Then today we went and picked up a swing someone was selling for $20! STEAL! It was in really good condition, I just scrubbed the seat cover and washed it really well and Cloroxed the rest of it and it looks great. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a swing because it seems like babies grow out of them so fast or they don't like them...so we got a great deal. I feel like we got a good deal on everything, which is a huge blessing right now! Now this baby girl has a way to get home and a place to stay :)
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment