Tuesday, November 16, 2010

...Random Happenings...

I decided I need to be better at writing things down.  I used to be soooo good at journaling, but I've been horrible for about the past year...and when I say horrible I mean I haven't really done it.  So, this is my attempt to be better :)  We'll see how it goes. 


1. My biggest fear of living in this basement apartment happened this past week.  I went to put on my slippers and as I slid my foot in I felt something a little odd but didn't notice it immediately until my toe squished a spider!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  Absolutely disgusting.  Blah.  It still gives me the creeps.  I kinda freaked.  I made Landen clean it out.  Yuck.  I am not  fan.  I told our landlord because I thought it was funny (in hindsight) and he said, "I'm glad you can laugh about it!"  Yeah...let's just say I check my slippers every time before I put them on!


2.  We finally got callings in our ward!  We will be Primary Workers :)  It's so weird to me that this is now an option...it hasn't even been an option for me for YEARS!!!  I like it.  Apparently there is, and I quote, "a class with 3 girls and 3 boys...3 boys who could use a strong young man to help keep them settled down and who seem to respond better to a male voice..."  Yeah...this could be interesting, I'm sure there are good stories to come :)  I'm excited to get started!  I love the children.


3.  Luckily I was having a super lazy day on Saturday and had the thought, "I should check online to see if there are any good couches this weekend..."  We've been using our redneck couch for awhile: twin mattress on the floor pushed half way under the lovesac therefore making a redneck couch :)  Obviously we've been looking for couches for a few months and just haven't found any that we liked in our price range.  We found one at IKEA that we fell in love with but it was a little too pricey...I just didn't feel good spending that much money on it.  So we decided to keep waiting to see what we could fine.  I haven't been looking much lately but on Saturday I'm glad I followed the thought to look!  There was a couch and loveseat set that was only 3 months old for a fabulous price!!!  I kept looking at them and told Landen we should go check them out...and to make it better they literally lived about 2 blocks down the road!  We hurried down there and the couches were still there and we bought them on the spot.  I had no inhibitions on dropping that money!  It was perfect.  We have an awesome landlord and he came down with his truck to pick them up!  Sweet!  So within about an hour of finding them we had couches.  Finally.  I never realized how much I took for granted always living in a place or with people who had couches.  I'm so grateful for this little tender mercy of the Lord.  He really is in the details of our lives :)  Here are a few pictures of our great purchase:








 Well, I think that is sufficient for tonight.  Hopefully I can keep this up!

3 comments:

  1. That is the second story I've heard in 3 days of the Lord providing couches. lol. Awesome! Those are so nice looking and look so comfy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Craigslist and awesome couches! That is where we got our couch and love seat set about a year and a half ago and I'm still so happy with them! Keep blogging! I'm a major blog stalker and love to keep up on my friends this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan: That's funny! How interesting...I guess it is couch season :)

    Chantell: I like it that you're a blog stalked...b/c I'm one too :) :) :) And I agree, great way to keep up!

    ReplyDelete