Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December ~ 2014

*Ellie is getting better at going to nursery at church. Today (12/7/14) she went in with Parkyr and they held hands and started walking toward the toys. I told her bye and she turned around and waved and yelled bye to me! Then later Landen had to change her diaper and he said she went right back in!!! Progress!!!
*This is random, but she loves milk! She'll down 3 cups of it in the morning like its nothing. I guess that's a good thing :)
*This month has been one of not much eating for this child! It's amazing how toddlers can live on so little sometimes. She has started to love marshmallows and fruit snacks though. I feel like that's all she'll eat some days. Silly girl. 
*Lately in the mornings Ellie doesn't want to get out of her crib. She wants her milk and a book and she'll sit in there until I pull her out to change her diaper. At least she doesn't hate being in there :) 
*She has started to like playing with dolls. She likes to give them a bottle and wrap them up in a blanket. It's adorable!
*Ellie loves to "talk" on the phone. She got a play one and she babbles and babbles. She sure has something to say, I just have no idea what that is...
*She has started trying to put her own shoes on. It is pretty hilarious to watch, but she is getting better. She likes to put my socks and shoes on too...well, TRY to put mine on!
*Ellie is learning how to jump! She would try so hard and not get off the ground, but she's finally getting it and gets a tiny bit of lift off! We went to the Jump Zone today (12/30/14) and she's finally getting the concept of jumping on the trampoline and she loves it! Yeah!!!
*At night when I'm getting Ellie ready for bed we spend some time just cuddling right before I put her down. She usually starts pointing at my nose so we start doing body parts. She now knows: head, hair, ears, forehead, eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, cheeks (which she squeezes!!!), chin, neck, arms, fingers, tummy, back, legs and toes! She will also do Eskimo kisses and fishy kisses. She learns them so fast! I'll teach her something new one night and she'll remember it the next night when I ask her. I love this girl of mine. 
*Overall I am amazed every day at how much she is learning and growing. It still blows my mind the rate children learn. I can't believe she's getting so big! Slow down, baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment