We love it when the Indiana folks come to visit! Well, I think Landen loves it, but I KNOW I love it! We had so much fun having them here for 2 weeks. We packed in so many fun things, including some house hunting for Mom and Dad. It was actually really fun to go look at houses since I never did that before we bought our house. Hopefully one day they'll get out this way ;)
Their first full day here was Labor Day (9/1/14) and we met up with Jared, Megan and the kids at the Ogden Temple Open House. I had just gone the week before with the YW, but I loved going with my family! It was so special to be able to share that time with them and be reminded that our family is eternal. I also loved watching the kids go through and experience the wonder of the temple. Afterward we went and ate and then headed to the park to relax and enjoy the beautiful day. The kids played at the playground and we played croquet. Of course Jared beat us all...but I'll get over it. Ellie went down a slide by herself for the first time...and she went head first! Silly girl! I love when she gets to spend time with her cousins. It was the perfect day.
We had to take a walk to McDonald's, it's become tradition. Ellie got the royal treatment: she got to ride on Grandpa's shoulders and then he climbed up into the playplace with her!!! He even came down the slide with her...that was a sight!
Friday 9/5/14: We headed down to the hotel in Orem and had a good evening with family at the pool. Ellie loves the water still!
Saturday 9/6/14: Nathan's Baptism Day!!! I can't believe this kid is 8! I feel like he was just born. Nathan is such a great kid and I'm so thankful I've been able to see him grow up into the great kid he is. He's so smart and funny and creative. I love spending time with him. Congrats, Nate, on this very special day!
Sunday 9/7/14: Nita and Wayne invited us out for lunch today and it was a fun afternoon. I'm so glad our families get along! We took the four wheelers for a short ride to enjoy the nice day. Ali rode along with us! Ellie loved having a buddy in the back seat! It was such a beautiful day!
Tuesday 9/9/14: Wayne took us on a real four wheeling ride this afternoon up in Idaho. It was so beautiful!!! I love fall so much. Once again, it was another perfect day. I'm so glad Mom and Dad got to experience the mountains on this trip. We had so much fun! We went to a plane crash site and that was neat to see a little piece of history.
Thursday 9/11/14: We went to the BYU Football Game tonight!!!!!!! It has been waaaaayyyyy too long since I've been to a football game. Oh how I've missed them. We went and got some philly cheesesteak sandwiches on the way and they were delicious. Megan and Amber we so kind to watch Ellie so we didn't have to tow her with us. They played Houston and won 33-25! I just love the atmosphere so much and the view with the mountains in the back is perfect. There's not too much in life that is better than that ;) With it being 9/11 they did a tribute to that day in our history. It was beautiful. It brought me to tears. I still remember that day clearly. I'm so grateful to be an American!
Friday 9/12/14: Their last day here Jared, Dad and Landen went golfing in the morning so Mom, Ellie and I watched some HGTV at the hotel then did some shopping. Then we went over to Jared's to visit and then spent the evening back at the hotel swimming and eating donuts. Family time is the best time!
We're always sad when Grandma and Grandpa leave! Ellie was one worn out little girl...which is the sign of a good time! We're so glad they were able to come visit and spend time with us!






























































No comments:
Post a Comment