Oh, last night, our leaders' tent was the place to be!!! We were laughing so hard! I love Arien, Noell and Aline. We were dying watching Noell get all bundled up to go to sleep. I've never seen anyone put on that many layers...it was so funny! We paid for it this morning when we had to get up at 5:15 to get the girls down to the beach for their Sunrise Canoe activity. They got to go out on the lake in the canoes to watch the sunrise. I just watched from the beach. But it was gorgeous! We were freezing and it was soooo early, but it was totally worth it. We went back to camp and had breakfast and packed up and headed home. I was impressed with how fast we got out of there. Get 'er done! Anyway. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to get to know our girls more!
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Girl's Camp ~ 2014
I only got to go to Girl's Camp for 24 hours, but they were the best 24 hours!!! Arien and I went up yesterday and spent the night and we all packed up and came home today. We were up there long enough to have tons of fun! It was so nice to be able to hang out with the YW outside of church. They are so much fun. I love them. We made cute bracelets and bags and played games and downed bags of Doritos. Last night they did a Faith Walk where we walked a big path around the campground with guides and they had a stop for each one of the YW values where someone shared a scripture and story about that value. It was really powerful and the Spirit was so strong. Then we went back to camp and had a testimony meeting with our ward. I love those testimony meetings. They are the BEST. I loved hearing the girls share their testimonies and the leaders and bishopric. We have such great leaders in our ward. I'm so grateful to have all of these people in my life. I'm so grateful to be serving in YW, it was seriously an answer to my prayers when I got this calling. I'm so glad I was able to be there last night. It doesn't get much better than that.
Oh, last night, our leaders' tent was the place to be!!! We were laughing so hard! I love Arien, Noell and Aline. We were dying watching Noell get all bundled up to go to sleep. I've never seen anyone put on that many layers...it was so funny! We paid for it this morning when we had to get up at 5:15 to get the girls down to the beach for their Sunrise Canoe activity. They got to go out on the lake in the canoes to watch the sunrise. I just watched from the beach. But it was gorgeous! We were freezing and it was soooo early, but it was totally worth it. We went back to camp and had breakfast and packed up and headed home. I was impressed with how fast we got out of there. Get 'er done! Anyway. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to get to know our girls more!
Oh, last night, our leaders' tent was the place to be!!! We were laughing so hard! I love Arien, Noell and Aline. We were dying watching Noell get all bundled up to go to sleep. I've never seen anyone put on that many layers...it was so funny! We paid for it this morning when we had to get up at 5:15 to get the girls down to the beach for their Sunrise Canoe activity. They got to go out on the lake in the canoes to watch the sunrise. I just watched from the beach. But it was gorgeous! We were freezing and it was soooo early, but it was totally worth it. We went back to camp and had breakfast and packed up and headed home. I was impressed with how fast we got out of there. Get 'er done! Anyway. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to get to know our girls more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment