Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oh, just some things I've been doing lately...

1. I've joined a book club!  An old friend from catering at BYU, Hannah Cobabe, lives up here in the Logan area and started a book club.  At first I didn't plan to join, but then I realized that I needed to be more social and this was a great opportunity.  We've been doing it since August and it has proved to be so great for me, something I desperately needed.  Even though at first I only knew Hannah, it has been so much fun getting to know the other ladies.  They are so fun and we have had some great evenings together.  I've also had the opportunity to read books I may not have read on my own.  I'm glad I have people to suggest books to me because I'm not one to just go pick a random book off a shelf and read it.  Along with suggestions from the book club Adri has given me a lot of recommendations too!  She has good taste :)  I'm so grateful that over the past few years I've started to enjoy reading.  Hence, the following picture.  So far this book is hilarious!  And Ellen hits the nail on the head on so many topics.  We think a lot alike.  Glad I'm not the only normal one out there ;)
2. A few weeks ago we went to a craft fair with Nita and I got the crafting bug!  We saw these really cute frames a guy was selling and I realized that I could totally make it for cheaper...and I did just that.  Go Me.  I found the frame at DI for $3, bought a can of black spray paint for $1 and I had the ribbon from a diaper cake from one of my baby showers.  The end product:
3. This last one was a Young Women's activity.  Noell taught us how to make homemade pies...crust and all!  It was so much fun!!!  (Side note: All 4 of our Laurels came!!! It was awesome!  This is the first time we had more than 1 girl there at a time.  We were sooooo happy!)  She learned how to make these pies from a professional so let's just say they were delicious.  The crust was a very particular process but not too bad once you knew how to do it.  I made a banana crème pie...my favorite!!!  The cream part was whole milk, ice cream and vanilla pudding...no wonder it is delicious!  I may have had it for breakfast the next 2 days...hey, bananas are fruit and fruit is good breakfast food... Anyway, I'll definitely have to make this one again :)  Total success.

No comments:

Post a Comment