Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ellie ~ 7 Months Old

This little bug is growing up so fast!  She needs to slow herself down!!!  Time just seems to be going faster and faster.  Ellie is getting so big.  She is very busy and goes wherever she wants to, we've already had to put up gates to keep her contained.  She's also been a little more needy lately.  If I sit down and try to get something done she is right on my feet trying to climb up my legs.  It's so silly!  Anyway, she is doing great!

* Ellie is still army crawling all over the place.  She gets up on her hands and knees and will rock back and forth, but she hasn't tried to actually crawl yet.  Once she wants to move she just lays down on her belly and army crawls.  Man that makes her clothes dirty!  Oh well, it is what it is.  She has found some new favorite places now that she can move around (some are pictured): the entryway, under the table, the DVD case, the bookshelf, the kitchen chairs (she like to chew on them) and the fireplace (which we've had to block off).  The funniest part is when she's on the tile by the fireplace she loves to blow on it, I think it's because she sees her reflection.  She's so funny.
* She still only has her 2 teeth but I'm waiting for more to come in.  There was a week where she was ridiculously drooly and had a runny nose and I thought she would get a new tooth, but none yet. 
* For the most part she is eating great!  We've tried lots of different vegetables and she seems to like everything so far.  I also tried oatmeal instead of rice cereal and she seems to like that more.  It's amazing how early they become individuals.  I'm just grateful she's been good so far.  She did go through a phase for about 1 1/2 weeks where she pretty much refused to eat any food, she would only take a bottle.  It was a little frustrating but she is getting back on track. 
* I was doing really well with a bedtime routine before I went to Indiana but I just have not gotten back into since we came home.  But she goes to bed really well without a routine so I'm fine with that.  And I realized that it is hard to have a really strict routine with her when I'm just not like that myself.  She usually goes to bed between 8-9:00.  I'll get her in her jammies and give her a bottle when she starts acting tired and then I'll go put her down and usually she'll go to sleep.  It's pretty awesome.  I hope writing that down doesn't jinx it!  She sleeps about 10 to 12 hours each night.  I love it!  She's such a great baby!!!
* She is starting to pull herself up a little the past few days.  She pulled herself up to a standing position on my legs yesterday!  What?!  I'm not ready for that! 
* She does this thing when she's sitting on the floor where she just kicks her legs so they rub on the carpet and she just sits and watches.  It is really funny.  She also poses on her left side when she's lying on the floor.
* For the most part she is a pretty happy baby.  I love her laugh and giggle, it is THE cutest thing.  Her smile will melt your heart in an instant.  She likes to babble a lot.  Her volume has increased a lot! 

All in all, she is just perfect.  I couldn't ask for a better baby.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives.  Happy 7 months, Ellie Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment