Monday, April 30, 2012

New York City ~ April 25-29, 2012 (Part Three)

Saturday April 28, 2012
We did our 5th Ave trip on Saturday.  We walked all day and it was so fun to see 5th Ave and all the shops! 
First stop was Rockefeller Plaza:
At the Lego Store this dragon was going all throughout the ceilings, it was pretty amazing.

The NBC Experience!  I was in my happy place :)  I had to resist buying the entire store!  But I did get a new puzzle!!! (the picture of the puzzle was obviously taken after I got home!)
The NFL Draft was going on while we were in NYC, right here, at Radio City!
 
St. Patrick's Cathedral, it was beautiful. Inside and out.
 
At the Trump Towers...another bike for Landen...and The NIKE Store, it was HUGE!
This guy was talking to Loree about her favorite team and even put a jersey on so she could take a picture with him!  He made the experience!
The Plaza :)
I loved looking at these street vendors.  I scored a really great tie for Landen at one for $5!  I loved all the different pictures of NYC.  I didn't buy any at this point in the trip, but later that night I ended up getting two...and I haggled for the second one!  Kanoi taught me well.  I just kept saying I didn't want to pay $20, only $15.  He went down to $18, then $17, but I held strong and was about to walk away and finally he said, "Okay, $15. I give it to you for $15," in his great little accent. 
FAO Schwarz Store: These guys were great!
I don't think I've ever seen so much candy in my life...and the size of them!  Along with the largest Rice Krispies Treat ever!
The BIG Piano. Enough said.
I'm so glad Loree got this picture...I kept wanting to get one with some NYC Police Officers!  It is so different how they just stand on corners and stuff...so different from anything I've ever seen.
The NFL Shop was pretty cool, especially since the Draft was going on.  Tervis Tumbler was there and had a special place where we could make our very own cups!  Of course I made my Colts cup!  We got to put the liner in and then seal it :)  Pretty cool stuff.
That night was our big group dinner.  The Doctors took us out to a super amazing restaurant, The View, at the Marriott at Times Square.  It was ridiculous.  First off, we got lost on the elevators going up...because apparently there is a special elevator to get to The View.  And that special elevator was glass...and went sooooooo high and sooooo fast that it kinda scared me.  Once I finally got the nerve to look out along came a WALL!  Needless to say I jumped!  It was pretty funny.  So, The View is really cool because the restaurant slowly spins so you can see the view of the city while you eat!  It was awesome!  And the food was incredible.  Filet mignon. YUM. NY Cheesecake. DELICIOUS!!!  It was funny when they brought out all of our meals because every one of us except Krista got the filet mignon!  Nice.  We had such a great night!
Wendy, Ginger, Kanoi, Me, Theresa, Jeff, Loree, Dr. Wimmer, Amanda, Krista, Dr. Layton, Ashley and Breanne
The view of the Empire State Building from The View!
After dinner it was time to hit Times Square again!  We went to the Disney Store which was so fun!  You could get lost in there for days if you wanted :)
Then Kanoi and I hit up Toys'R'Us...which was so cool!  We had fun taking tons of pictures with all the characters made out of Legos.  We had a blast!
This one was for Tiva...
Had to get a picture of this:
Okay, so Kanoi and I kinda had an obsession with The Shake Shack.  It was right next to our hotel and we went 3 times...twice in one day...one of those times being after our amazing dinner at The View...but we didn't care, we NEEDED to try their burgers before we went home!!!  Their custard was amazing.  Their burgers, even more amazing.  Best burger ever.  And they had crinkle fries...who doesn't love crinkle fries?!  We were soooo happy :)  I miss that place...I would go back to NYC just to eat there.  The perfect end to the perfect trip.
Sunday April 29, 2012
Unfortunately we had to go home.  That was a sad day.  But what an incredible trip we had!  It was so great to be able to experience NYC.  I am so grateful for this opportunity.  One of my best vacations I've ever had.  I can't wait to go back!
The end...for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment