Thursday, April 26, 2012

New York City ~ April 25-29, 2012 (Part One)

NEW YORK CITY!!!  I cannot believe it finally happened, I got to go to NYC.  We earned a trip at work to go to NYC.  We all worked really hard last year and met our goal to make this possible!  It was totally worth all the hard work over the past year.  It was so fun to be able to go with my friends from work who are so wonderful.  We all get along soooo well that there was no drama and ALL FUN!  It was awesome!  NYC is always somewhere I've wanted to go but never have had the nerve to plan a trip there because it was so foreign to me...but now that I have been there I would totally plan a trip to go back!  And I cannot wait to do just that!  One day I WILL go back...it will happen.  I can't wait! 
There are no words to describe how much I loved this trip!  I was in awe most of the time at all the buildings and the amount of people there and the traffic (I could NEVER drive there) and all the history...it blew my mind.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to go and experience NYC.  It was incredible!  And waaaayyyy too short.  That being said, we made every single minute worth it.  We packed in so many things and walked so much, there was never a dull moment.  I have made so many great memories.  I wish I could put into words all that we did and saw, but I just can't...luckily a picture says a thousand words, so I am set!!!  I have plenty of pictures to say what I just can't...like 1,497 of them...but don't worry, I won't make you suffer through that!!!  Let the picture fest begin: (hopefully they end up in some kind of order of events!)
Wednesday April 25, 2012
Packed and ready to go! We all had to work half-day before we headed out...
Waiting at the hotel to get into our rooms: Me, Loree, Breanne and Ashley
Loree and My room!  It was wonderful...
Dr. Layton and Dr. Wimmer had these gift boxes in our rooms for us :)
Thursday April 26, 2012
We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel at Times Square (it was about 1-2 blocks off Times Square), it was incredible!
This guy was awesome!  He sold us our tour bus passes and helped us out a ton!
Dr. Layton, Breanne, Loree, Me, Ashley, Wendy, Tour Bus Guy, Ginger, Kanoi
Theresa, Krista
I had to take this one for Landen :) (the first of many...though the others ones mostly revolve around American Chopper motorcycles...he was quite jealous...)
Our Hotel:
Coolest parking garage ever...though I don't know exactly how it works...
On the tour bus ready to see the city: Kanoi, Me, Wendy, Loree, Jeff, Theresa, Ginger
Manhattan New York Temple
I loved how it was just right smack dab in the middle of the city!!!  So amazing!  I wish I could have gone so badly but time did not allow that opportunity this trip.  Our tour guide was pretty funny.  He said: "On your right you will see the Mormon church. The main church is in Salt Lake City, Utah but this is their church in the East..."  Well, kinda...but it was neat that he pointed it out!
Central Park!  This is the tunnel/bridge in Home Alone 2 and Elf...
We took a carriage ride around Central Park.  If I were to go back I would totally rent bikes and ride through the park and that way I could see a lot more of the park.
We saw the missionaries and they were pretty excited when we yelled out, "Hi, Elders!"
Tavern on the Green...wish it hadn't closed down.
And this was the main reason for the carriage ride...Jeff proposed to Theresa on the ride!!!  Wohoo!
She's engaged!!!!!!!!
Not gonna lie...the horse made me a little nervous...he was staring me down...
That night it was misting/raining, but I loved how the mist just engulfed the buildings:
Thursday night Ginger and I went to see Wicked!!!  She was so kind to go with me even though she had already seen it.  And a big thanks to Mom and Dad for helping me buy my ticket (it was my birthday present)!!!  It was absolutely incredible.  Brought me to tears.  I loved it so much and was so amazed the entire time!  I cannot wait to see it again!!!  And apparently it was illegal to take the picture of the stage...oops...
I just loved these flower stands on the street :)
Okay, so for these next 2 pictures I was not there in person because I was watching Wicked, but I HAD to include them because they were the funniest thing ever!!!  This started the embarrassment of Wendy :)  We all laughed sooooo hard about this picture!!!  That is sooo NOT Wendy, which made it one of the funniest parts of our trip.  I wish I could have been there to witness this, but I'm so glad I got to at least share in the memory!  Naked Cowboy at Times Square:
After I got back from Wicked I met up with some of the other girls (and Jeff, he was such a trooper and took care of all us girls all week!) and we went to get some food here. They went for the hot dogs, but I just got chicken fingers...I'm lame, I know...I'm just picky about my hot dogs...but it was good all the same! Perfect end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment