Friday, January 7, 2011

Playing Aunt and Uncle

I realized after I caught up that I didn't blog about Landen and I babysitting Nathan and Rylie.  We'd been wanting to take them to the Living Planet Aquarium for awhile, because we love it so much, and it worked out for us to watch them so Jared and Megan could celebrate their anniversary in November.  So we played Aunt and Uncle for a day...all in all, it was a blast!  We had our moments, but overall is was good.  Kids will be kids and have their crazy times, it was good birth control :)  HA!  And it didn't help that Nathan fell down our stairs...oops!  He was fine, but I felt HORRIBLE!!!  One of those gut wrenching moments.  But I loved the time we got to spend with them: to see the animals, eat McDonald's, watch movies, PLAY, eat cookies, etc.  I love these kids!  They make me happy :)  Here are some pictures of our adventures together:

This is how the day started...and Rylie started it!

At the Living Planet Aquarium:
Nathan LOVED playing on this frog!

Rylie and Landen...BEST FRIENDS.  This will be confirmed later in the pictures...

Petting the stingrays

SHARKS!  And I just LOVE this picture.

So...see those little white buttons...well, they were quite the popular item, when you pushed them it made an animal noise and you had to guess what animal it was, then you could lift up this flap to see if you are right.  We passed them at the beginning because there were a ton of kids over there and I didn't even think Nathan noticed them...boy was I mistaken!   For the next half hour he could hardly enjoy anything else.  Me: "Aren't those jelly fish cool? They're changing colors!"  Nathan: "I want to go back and push those white buttons!"  I kept thinking he would forget about them...but he sure didn't, so finally I gave in and we went back.  Luckily there weren't any other kids there so he could push them until his heart's content...or until more kids came along, which they did.  But after that we were able to fully enjoy the rest of the experience!  You can see his joy:

As I said, BEST FRIENDS. 

Waiting for they boys to go potty...ha!

I figured I should be in some of the pictures...

Nathan and the Penguin.

You can't tell in the picture, but Rylie is rubbing her hands through Landen's hair...she loved it!


Back at home...oh the static!

The beloved toy of the evening...I got that gator from some good friends in Florida on my mission.

They LOVED our stairs!

Did I mention Best Friends???  This is absolutely my favorite picture of the night :) 

Household item turned Nathan's favorite toy. 


Cookie Time!!!



We had such a fun time!!!  I love the little kids in my life, they make me happy :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Want to play auntie to my kids for a weekend for me to get away?? HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I think Rylie looks just like you, she could so be your daughter. Wish you were close enough to come play with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chantell...DITTO! I'm working on making it out to see you :) That's funny that Rylie looks like me...b/c we not technically genetically related...hmmm...I was just supposed to be her aunt no matter what I guess!

    ReplyDelete