Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Las Vegas-Parker Conference 2011

In January I went with a group from work to Las Vegas for the Parker Conference.  It was this HUGE conference for chiropractors and it was AMAZING!!!  I love chiropractic!  It is so incredible.  It has totally changed my life.  It was neat being around so many people who believe in chiropractic...so motivating and energizing!  I loved it!  Now I have to be honest, Vegas isn't my favorite place to visit, but I survived...and was really happy to come home.  Really happy.  This was Landen and my first time apart so it was really good to come home to him :)  While I was gone Landen went skiing up at Beaver Mountain (where he used to work) and had a blast...so I he wasn't allowed to try and make me feel bad that I was going to Vegas without him.  He also got to see his family and friends...I would have rather seen them than be in Las Vegas!  So anyway, here are a few pictures of the adventures in Las Vegas:

As we walked out of the airport there were a bunch of nice vehicles to take you places.  I said to Dr. Layton, "Awe...it was so nice of you to get us a limo!"  Well, he actually did get us that limo!  HA!  He was planning on it anyway, but it was pretty funny. 
Here's a bunch of the girls I work with: Hayley, Tanica, Mindy, Theresa, me and Loree



In our opening session of the conference these 3 Washington Redskin Cheerleaders came out and did this quiet scandalous dance to "Let's Get it Started"...the WHOLE song...it was a LONG dance!!!  Oh my goodness!  All the guys in the place were drooling...so ridiculous.  So anyway, the next day we were going down in the elevator and who got on the elevator???  That's right, the cheerleaders!  The later that day they showed up in one of my classes so by this point I couldn't help myself and had to have the proof I kept seeing them.  So here they are in all their glory...well, not ALL their glory, they have their jackets on here!

One night Dr. Layton took all of us out to dinner so we could talk about the things we'd been learning.  We went to this restaurant called STACK in the Mirage and it was amazing!  So delicious! 
BEST. MEAL. EVER.  
The fillet mignon was PERFECTLY delicious.
I absolutely loved the presentation of the baked potato toppings!!!
And the dessert...YUM.  Everything was edible...even the little STACK thing, it was white chocolate!


This was my fill of Las Vegas for awhile!  I'm good for the next 10 years!  HA!!! 

The Monorail. We had some good times on it...especially one night when we saw these 4 girls celebrating a birthday. There was one guy with them who had pretty obviously hooked up with one of the girls...the one who was ENGAGED! Hmmm...not quite sure how that is going to work out...  

So yeah, it was a good trip.  OH!  One of the other things I thought was crazy was that I spent $3.00 on a 12 oz can of Coke.  Yes, I said 3 DOLLARS!!!  You have got to be kidding me!  I didn't know I was going to spend that much, but it was my money out of our allowance so whatever!  But dang.  Such a rip off!!!  Glad to be home in good 'ol Utah.  I'm not a Vegas girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment