Thursday, November 19, 2015

Dentist Time!

The past few months I've noticed this blackish film forming on Ellie's teeth.  I've tried to brush it off and tried to scrape it off and nothing is working.  I have a friend that I visit teach, Tiffany, who is a dental hygienist.  I asked her about it and she said it was probably nothing to be worried about, sometimes kids just get this stain on their teeth and they just have to get it polished off.  She was so kind and offered to do it one night after she got off work.  I've been talking it up to Ellie and getting her excited about it and she has been talking about going to the dentist for weeks now.  "I go dentist and get princess toothbrush!"

So I took Ellie to see her tonight.  I was nervous that she would freak out, but she did AWESOME!  Tiffany was so good with her and made her feel really comfortable.  There was one tool she didn't love, but Tiffany was still able to scrape most of the stain off.  We will probably do it again in a few months just to get a little deeper in her mouth.  She said a lot of the time the stain doesn't come back, so we will see how it goes, and also that usually it is something they grow out of.  That makes me happy.  I was a little worried she had bad teeth!  Afterward Tiffany let Ellie play with the air hose and she thought it was the best thing ever!  She also got the princess toothbrush she was promised and a rubber glove "balloon."  I am so pleased with how this went.  I'm so grateful for good friends who are willing to help you out.  And I'm so grateful Tiffany made this such a positive experience for Ellie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment