*Lately in the mornings Ellie doesn't want to get out of her crib. When I go in to get her she lays down and says, "Noooo!" So I give her some milk and a book and she's good to go...until I force her out because she's in major need of a diaper change!
*She can pull her snow boots on by herself now. She usually gets them on the correct feet too!
*We had an entire week where Ellie refused to eat. It was so weird. I don't know how kids can live on so little, but she obviously did!
*Ellie has been extra obsessed with books lately. I'm glad she likes reading!
*The slide Ellie got for Christmas has paid off! We were able to play outside one day and she actually went down our bigger outside slide by herself! At the end of the summer she wouldn't do that! I'm glad we were able to build her confidence some :)
*I have no idea where she got this, but when Ellie is hungry and wants something to eat she says, "Nom, nom..." It is so funny!!! I'm just glad I finally figured out what that meant...
*I'm trying to think of new words she is saying now...and of course they aren't being pronounced fully, but we know what she's saying: thank you, love you, blue, yellow (she shocked me when she said it, I had no idea she could say it!), Parkyr, Jaxon, Adri...that's all I can think of right now. She is so dang cute!
*So, I'm not good at singing to Ellie because, let's be honest, I don't sing well. But one night I felt like singing with her. I started singing Popcorn Popping and I was doing the actions and when I sang, "I can take an armful," Ellie started to do the action!!! I was shocked!!! I was thinking, "How does she know this?!" And then it clicked, NURSERY! Thank goodness for good nursery leaders who sing to my girl! Oh, she also knows "Once there was a Snowman" and wanted me to sing it during sacrament meeting. So I whispered sang it and then she yells, "MORE!!!" Silly girl.
*This last week I've noticed we are entering the Terrible Twos...grrr. I'm SO not ready for this. Ellie has started to become extra defiant at times, she is throwing more and more tantrums, and she is just plain ornery sometimes. Sometimes when we tell her to not do/stop doing something she will look right at us with furrowed eyebrows and do that exact thing...oh man. It's driving me nuts...and I know it's only going to get worse. She sure is lucky she's cute ;)
*Her smile melts my heart. She is so dang adorable and funny. My heart seriously skips beats at times. I cannot express how much I love this little lady.



























No comments:
Post a Comment