Saturday, January 26, 2013

This deserves a post of it's own...

When I was home, my parents told me to take one last look at my old bedroom because next time I come home it will be changed...that's what they say every time I am home, so we'll see if it happens :)  As I was looking around my room I saw this spot on the wall and had to take a picture for memory's sake.  My sophomore year of high school, the night of the first day of school to be exact, our house caught on fire.  One of the scariest nights of my life.  These burn marks have been there ever since and always remind me of that night. 
 
Most of us were in bed except for Bryan and Jared and some of their friends.  I remember hearing a lot of stuff going on and people running around so I got up to see what was happening.  Mom yelled at me to get outside, NOW!  I ran outside, realizing the front of the house was on fire.  I like how nobody woke me up!!!  And the fire started on our front porch...right below MY bedroom!  Luckily I am a fairly light sleeper...  Anyway, I'm over it now. 
 
We witnessed a miracle that night.  Dad was able to get the hose pulled out and start getting water on the fire and pretty much had it out before the firetruck got there.  This was a miracle because that hose ALWAYS had knots and kinks in it and took forever to pull out all the way, but that night it unraveled perfectly.  We were really blessed that the damage was pretty minimal considering the situation.  And everyone was safe.  I remember sleeping on my parents' bedroom floor that night because I was so scared.  Apparently there was a bird nest in the porch light.  The light had been left on and the nest dried out enough and caught fire, the light burst and there was a wicker chair right underneath it that the flames landed on and WHOOSH!  Fire. Bryan heard the light burst and went out to see what was happening and saw the fire and was able to get everyone up and outside.  It was a crazy night!  But things worked out and now it is just a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment