We actually found out I was pregnant on August 7th...when I was a mere 4 weeks...we told some family and close friends, but we wanted to keep it to ourselves until I hit at least 12 weeks, just to make sure everything was going well. Everyone who was sworn to secrecy did a great job and kept the news to themselves. I had my first doctor's appointment on September 27th when I was 11 weeks and 5 days and everything was looking great and going well. We got to see our little one for the first time on the ultrasound and it was such an incredible experience. Such a special moment in my life...our lives, Landen was there too, though he didn't say too much...big surprise. At first that little one was sticking it's little legs straight up in the air, it was so cute! Then we could see the profile of the baby and we could see it's heart beating and it looked like it had the hiccups. It was so beautiful. I'm so glad that everything looks good and healthy, that is all I ask for! I am so grateful for this experience and to be blessed to have this little one joining our family.
My due date is April 13, 2012. My friend Jess, who knew from the beginning that I was pregnant, predicted that date EXACTLY. Dang she's good! Oh!!! Tiva is pregnant too!!! We found that out a few weeks after I found out. It was crazy news! But the best part, we're due on the same day!!!!!!
AH! It is so fun to be pregnant with one of your best friends...we really are the same person :) I am just so excited for this new phase of my life. It is fun and exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. It is so hard to describe. And it doesn't help that my emotions are on overdrive...I don't need any help in that area! Overall I've been feeling okay. I've been pretty tired and I don't always feel great, but I'm not pukey sick so I will take it! I'm sooooo grateful for that! I've definitely noticed a lot of aches and pain I don't normally have, but it is all good. I just have to laugh about it because it is quite comical...like when I get up and can't stand up straight due to the sharp pains in my lower abdomen and I stay there frozen until they subside. Yeah, it's fun stuff. But all in all, life with this little baby is great!
Adri did a few pictures for us to announce my pregnancy, I loved how they turned out :)
On top of being pregnant, our lives are crazy right now! A while back we decided to move up to Smithfield and buy Jordan's house...yeah, what?! It is true. We've been working on this for months now. But to be able to get a loan at least one of us needed to get a job up there and work for at least a month (if it was in a similar field). So Landen started looking for a job and was actually able to find one at Paragon Medical pretty quick. It was such a blessing. He started working there August 20th...which means we haven't been living together since then. Hmm...it feels like we've reverted back to our dating days...I'm not a huge fan of this. We're blessed though to have people who will take us in. He's been living at home again and I just come up on the weekends. In the meantime, I'm still working down in Midvale. We just can't find someone to replace me and I just can't leave them with no one to do my job. AH! It is definitely not the ideal situation, but we're making it work. The other thing that added to the stress of all this was that we moved out of our apartment in the middle of September, so I didn't have anywhere to live! I am so blessed with great friends who have taken me in and helped me out. I'm staying with Ginger (from work). She lives alone and has extra bedrooms. She is so kind to let me come stay in her home. I don't know what I would do without her. We continue to interview people for my position but still can't find someone...and every time we find someone we like they end up calling and not coming back in for one reason or another. It has been crazy. I just have to keep telling myself that things will work out in the Lord's timing. I don't understand why all this is happening the way it is, but I know that we are doing what we've been prompted to do and the Lord will provide in His timing. And right now that is all I have that keeps me going some days! I'm so ready to have some stability and consistency back in my life, but I know it will come. We just keep chugging along one day at a time, some days are good, some days are not so good. Things will work out. Oh this crazy thing we call life!




Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete